Here is this year's short list of what I'm thankful for:
1. A warmer than usual autumn. With heating costs through the roof, the less energy we have to pay for, the quicker we can get caught up on our bills.
2. The opportunity to babysit. I am so thankful that a family trusts me to care for their baby! The money has helped us to stay out of the proverbial poorhouse while allowing me to be home for/with my kids. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to make a baby laugh.
3. My loving, supportive husband. He gets me. I'm also thankful that he has received a clean bill of health. I've been married to this incredible man for 10 years now!
4. My wonderful, creative children (including stepchildren.) They inspire me and help me to learn patience. They also keep me from becoming an old fogey before my time.
5. Our families... especially my 85-year-old mother. I feel very lucky to have her around and in relatively good health to argue with, I mean converse with. lol
6. A new President-elect. When Barack was elected, I didn't want to jump up and down or yell in victory. I wanted to put my head down and weep with relief. What I feel more than anything is HOPE. Truly, I have HOPE for a brighter tomorrow!
7. The generosity of friends and neighbors. This year alone we've gotten a piano, a huge bucket of pears, clothes for the boys, an exersaucer for the baby, and LOTS of toys and games. So many toys that we'll be giving lots away. What a thrill to be able to share things! And we have a neighbor who takes pity on my snow-shlepping husband and snow-blows our driveway when it gets too deep. We are so thankful for all of the blessings that we've received.
I know there's more, but that's it for now...
Happy Thanksgiving, One and All!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment